Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Darkling Tag

Thanks to the always informative The Walrus Room, and to the authentically old-school queen of the night DeusEXMachina for tagging me. Original questions by Graveyard Kittens.

I tag my favorite artist, Lady Fair, and my favorite art critic, Daughter of a Jaded Era.
Simple Questions:
  • What is your favorite candle scent? Sandalwood or pipe tobacco. I love manly scents lol.
  • Do you have a favorite book? Currently I love the Expanse space opera series by James S. A. Corey. Nothing darker than deep space! The Dresden files is also awesome, if you like vampires and wizards and an urban setting.
  • Are you a tea or coffee person? Tea
  • What is your favorite brand and color of lipstick? I love my Burberry red lip liner in Union Red, which I pretty much use for everything. (review here)


  • What is your favorite perfume/cologne? I have a jasmine scent I got at urban outfitters, which smells exactly like jasmine tea...one of my favorites.
  • If you had to give up the color black, what color would you choose instead? brown...for some reason I look really good in earth tones.
  • If you could change your name to a stereotypical 90s/2000s gothy name, what would it be? lol I had one. Kendra (from Buffy) and later FX94 when I was really into industrial
  • What are your top three tips for surviving hot weather while black clad? Travel light--no purses. Short skirts, long loose tops to protect you from the sun. Big hat or a black umbrella (no lacy parasol...those are useless)
  • What song will always make you happy (doesn’t have to be a goth band)? Anything by Arkona, my favorite medieval fantasy metal band
  • Are you active in the arts (ex. Play an instrument, paint, write, etc)? I write, mostly, and try a random sample of hobbies ranging from scrimshaw to origami
  • If you had a teacup or mug made inscribed just for you, what would you have it say? Would rather be at the beach
  • What is your number one non-gothy hobby? resisting the government, lol. well, when I'm not cursing a certain someone.
Thought Provokers:
  • If you could be a supernatural creature, what would it be and why? A ghost in a shell. You are immortal and invincible. Also a robot.
  • What horror monster-based super power would you have? telekinesis, as a ghost would have
  • Do you feel confident or comfortable interacting with other Goths or gothy people (online or irl)? Why or why not? no, not at all. I feel like there's too much pressure, like you're supposed to be BFFs because you look the same...
  • Which is more important for a look: Great hair or great makeup? hair...definitely hair. If you have awesome hair but don't wear makeup, you'll still look cool. Bad hair, cool makeup, you'll look like you dressed up halfway or are about to put on a wig
  • Is there something you wish there was more of in your subculture? more activities than going to a bar or club. Thankfully I live in NYC, so there are galleries and lectures in art and science, historical events, creative workshops, but I remember when the only thing to do was to go to a club.
  • Care to share an embarrassing story related to your “darkliness“? just a million wardrobe malfunctions. 
  • How are you at DIY? pretty decent. I used to cosplay, so I have a variety of skills
  • Quickly describe your ideal wedding. the one I had, lol. A small wedding at a historic mansion, with a BBQ and live gypsy music (an accordion and a guitar
Confessional (aka True or False):
  • I love watching cheesy romance films. Fuck no. SEXIST GARBAGE
  • I ALWAYS remember to wash off my makeup at night. "True. I have acne prone skin, so not doing this is waking up with my face covered in pimples the following day." ME TOO, Graveyard Kittens, ME TOO.
  • I sleep with plushies. nope. I'm creepy, but not that creepy.
  • I wear non-black pajamas most nights. haha I have goofy halloween jammies
  • I think Andrew Eldritch is overrated. Not a fan, but I get why a certain age group likes him. I really don't get young people who are die-hard fans...doesn't it sound a bit dated to you?
  • I don’t like vampires. False.
  • I don’t like clubs. False. 
  • I’m dating a goth/darkly-inclined person. True. My husband is very old-school and is pretty much a walking stereotype of an old-school goth guy. 
  • I don’t enjoy graveyards. false
  • Blood makes me queasy. true. ew!
  • I’d sooner faint than pet a spider. if it's big enough to pet, sure!
  • I don’t like haunted houses. false 
  • I still browse Hot Topic’s clearance racks. False...I look at all the stuff. Not for me though, for the blog. pretty much if it's at HT, the trend is dead. 
  • I’ve never read Dracula. False. I have a nice annotated copy.
  • I think “Bela Lugosi’s Dead” is a long and boring song. I'm very tired of hearing this song.

10 comments:

  1. Good answers lol ;)
    Scrimshaw, huh? Sounds like there may be a story behind that... or maybe not. Either way, there's a certain excitement to hear of people diving into niche arts lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I went to a whaling museum and thought all the scrimshaw looked cool... They had a how-to book at the gift shop. I tried to make/'shaw a pair of dice but kind of failed. Ive been meaning to give it another go now that I have better inks (from a newly picked up calligraphy hobby, lol)

      Delete
  2. Cool answers. Its nice reading these things because it helps you get to know the person behind the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's awesome that you had a BBQ at your wedding! We're having tacos. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was surprisingly taboo... Some people felt the need to go home and change? Like what? If I can eat bbq in a wedding dress, you can eat bbq in whatever you wore

      Delete
  4. Someone else that likes jasmine! That lip liner is gorgeous! A very "enemy's blood" shade!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so great to learn new things about you! ^_^ And thank you for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete